In pursuance of the assertion of a hundred days schedule of HRD of the ministry via Hon’ble Human Resources development Minister, a New Policy On Distance Learning In Higher Education Sector turned into the draft.
1. In terms of Entry sixty-six of List 1 of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India, Parliament is in a position to make laws for the coordination and backbone of standards in institutions for higher schooling for studies and medical and technical establishments. Parliament has enacted laws for discharging this obligation thru the University Grants Commission (UGC) for fashionable Higher Education, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for Technical Education, and different Statutory bodies for other disciplines.
As regards higher schooling, via the space mode, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Act, 1985 changed into enacted with the following high targets, among others: (a) To provide opportunities for better training to a vast phase of the populace, especially deprived businesses living in far-flung and rural areas, adults, homemakers make and working humans; and (b) to inspire Open University and Distance Education Systems inside the instructional sample of the country and to coordinate and determine the requirements for such structures.
2. The records of distance studying or training thru distance mode in India are going manner back. At the same time, the universities started imparting education through distance mode in the name of Correspondence Courses thru their Directorate/School of Correspondence Education. In those days, the courses in humanities and trade had been presented thru correspondence and taken by using those, who, owing to various reasons, along with a restrained number of seats in regular courses, employability, troubles of getting admission to to the establishments of better learning, etc., could not bring themselves enrolled in the traditional `face-to-face’ mode `in-class programs.
READ MORE :
- India’s Education Sector – Back to School
- WordPress Tips: 7 Steps to Increase search engine marketing Success
- Choose One Reliable Source for All Real Estate News
- Cheap International Travel Insurance – How To Find The Best Plan
- Using Online News Submissions to Gain Extra Visitors to Your Website
3. In the recent past, the demand for better schooling has elevated incredibly throughout the country because of the importance of better teaching. At the same time, the device of higher education couldn’t accommodate this ever-increasing call for.
4. Under the circumstances, some of the institutions such as deemed universities, private universities, public (Government) universities, or even different institutions, which are not empowered to award degrees, have starteddistance education programs in a massive variety of disciplines, ranging from humanities to engineering and management e, etc., and at extraordinary degrees (certificates to below-graduate and post-graduate stages).
There is usually a chance that some institutions may also grow to be `degree turbines’ supplying sub- fashionable/poor quality training, consequently eroding the credibility of tiers and different qualifications awarded through the distance mode. This requires a much higher degree of coordination with me the involved statutory authority. More often than not, UGC, AICTE a, nd IGNOU and its head – the Distance Education Council (DEC).
5. The government of India had clarified its function in respect of recognition of degrees, earned thru the distance mode, for employment underneath it vide Gazette Notification No. 44 dated 1. Th ree.1995.
6. Despite the dangers referred to in para four above, the importance of distance schooling in imparting first-rate education and training can’t be overlooked. Distance Mode of Education has a crucial function for:
(i)providing the possibility of learning to those who no longer have direct get admission to head coaching, working people, homemakers, etc.
(ii)supplying poa possibility to working experts to update their expertise, permitting them to switch to new disciplines and professions, and enhancing their qualifications for career advancement.
(iii)exploiting the potential of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) within the coaching and getting to know prthe process; and
(iv)achieving the target of 15% of GER via the cease of 11th Plan and 20% by way of the end 12th five 12 months Plan.
7. InToischarge the Constitutional duty of determination and renovation of the requirements in Higher Education, with the aid of ensuring coordination among various statutory regulatory government and making cesurehe merchandising of open and distance schooling system in th. S . A. To fulfill the aspirations of all move-sections of human beings for better education, the sufollowingolicy in respect of distance learning is laid down:
intake specific proper coordination in lathe w of requirements of better schooling in spparticularisciplines through diverse modes [i.E. Face to face and distance] as additionally to make sure credibility of stages/diploma and certificates awarded by using Indian Universities and different Education Institutes, an apex body, specifically, National Commission for Higher Education and Research will be mounted in keeping with the hints of Prof. Yash Pal Committee/National Knowledge Commission. A Standing Committee on Open and Distance