In pursuance to the assertion of a hundred days schedule of HRD of ministry via Hon’ble Human Resources development Minister, a New Policy on Distance Learning In Higher Education Sector turned into the draft.
1. In terms of Entry sixty-six of List 1 of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India, Parliament is in a position to make laws for the coordination and backbone of standards in institutions for higher schooling for studies, and medical and technical establishments. Parliament has enacted laws for discharging this obligation thru the University Grants Commission (UGC) for fashionable Higher Education, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for Technical Education; and different Statutory our bodies for different disciplines. As regards higher schooling, via the space mode, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Act, 1985 changed into enacted with the following high targets, among others: (a) To provide opportunities for better training to a huge phase of populace, specially deprived businesses living in far flung and rural areas, adults, housewives and working humans; and (b) to inspire Open University and Distance Education Systems inside the instructional sample of the country and to coordinate and determine the requirements for such structures.
2. The records of distance studying or training thru distance mode in India is going manner back whilst the universities started imparting education through distance mode in the name of Correspondence Courses thru their Directorate/School of Correspondence Education. In those days, the courses in humanities and/or in trade had been presented thru correspondence and taken by using those, who, owing to various reasons, along with restrained number of seats in normal courses, employability, troubles of get admission to to the establishments of better learning etc., could not get themselves enrolled in the traditional `face-to-face’ mode `in-class’ programmes.
READ MORE :
- India’s Education Sector – Back to School
- WordPress Tips: 7 Steps to Increase search engine marketing Success
- Choose One Reliable Source for All Real Estate News
- Cheap International Travel Insurance – How To Find The Best Plan
- Using Online News Submissions to Gain Extra Visitors to Your Website
Three. In the recent past, the demand for better schooling has elevated incredibly throughout the country because of attention approximately the significance of better schooling, while the device of higher education couldn’t accommodate this ever increasing the call for.
Four. Under the circumstances, some of the institutions such as deemed universities, personal universities, public (Government) universities or even different institutions, which are not empowered to award degrees, have started cashing at the situation via offering distance education programmes in a massive variety of disciplines, ranging from humanities to engineering and management etc., and at extraordinary degrees (certificates to below-graduate and post-graduate stages). There is usually a chance that a number of those institutions may also grow to be `degree turbines’ supplying sub- fashionable/poor quality training, consequently eroding the credibility of tiers and different qualifications awarded through the distance mode. This requires a much higher degree of coordination some of the involved statutory authorities, more often than not, UGC, AICTE and IGNOU and its authority – the Distance Education Council (DEC).
5. The government of India had clarified its function in respect of recognition of degrees, earned thru the distance mode, for employment underneath it vide Gazette Notification No. 44 dated 1.Three.1995.
6. Despite the dangers referred to in para 4 above, the importance of distance schooling in imparting first-rate education and training can’t be overlooked. Distance Mode of Education has a crucial function for:
(i)providing the possibility of learning to the ones, who do no longer have direct get admission to to head to head coaching, working people, house-wives and so on.
(ii)supplying possibility to working experts to update their expertise, permitting them to switchover to new disciplines and professions and enhancing their qualifications for career advancement.
(iii)exploiting the potential of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) within the coaching and getting to know process; and
(iv)achieving the target of 15% of GER via the cease of 11th Plan and 20% by way of the cease of 12th five 12 months Plan.
7. In order to discharge the Constitutional duty of determination and renovation of the requirements in Higher Education, with the aid of ensuring coordination among various statutory regulatory government as also to make certain the merchandising of open and distance schooling system in the u . S . A . To fulfill the aspirations of all move-sections of human beings for better education, the subsequent policy in respect of distance learning is laid down:
(a) In order to make certain proper coordination in law of requirements of better schooling in special disciplines through diverse modes [i.E. Face to face and distance] as additionally to make sure credibility of stages/diploma and certificates awarded by using Indian Universities and different Education Institutes, an apex body, specifically, National Commission for Higher Education and Research will be mounted in keeping with the hints of Prof. Yash Pal Committee/National Knowledge Commission. A Standing Committee on Open and Distance