Suppose you are like me using a shoe-string budget to host all of your blogs. In that case, you may get into a scenario wherein you want to apply the modern-day WordPress model in your new blog and preserve some of the features you wish to from that specialized WordPress installer you used. Also, if you have multiple blogs in an identical area, it will be a war with a purpose to keep in mind the user id/password to each of your blog dashboards. In this text, I will outline a few recommendations on how I triumph over these conflicts.
I used a specialized WordPress installer that I acquired from any other Internet Marketer. It is based totally on WordPress 2. Eight.6, and yo, you in all likelihood recognize by using now that WordPress 2. Nine.1 is already out. Since I used the same specialized WordPress installer on a few of my blogs, I ought to manually replace every one of them with the latest version.
I have popped out with a manner to simplify the method for any new blog that I am growing. I am constantly using the state-of-the-art WordPress version, even preserving all of the exceptional features like plugins and topics that I frequently use. Here is the system I use.
1. Create a sample blog folder referred to like it something like “sample blog.”
2. Upload your specialized WordPress installer zip record (model 2. Eight.6 in my case)into this folder
3. Upload the state-of-the-art WordPress installer zip file (version 2.9.1) into the identical folder.
4. Go on your cPanel and use the File Manager to extract the files from the specialized WordPress installer zip report
5. Use the File Manager to extract the documents from the trendy WordPress zip file. Since the folder is not empty now, File Manager will extract today’s WordPress document into a folder referred to as “WordPress”. Use File Manager to transport the documents and folders into the pattern folder. This will overwrite all of the files from the preceding version with the new version.
6. Edit the PHP files to encompass a number of your non-public statistics like your AdSense ID, Akismet key, and so forth.
7. Use the File Manager to duplicate all the documents (except the two installer zip files) inside the sample folder and paste them into a new folder. This is the folder that you’ll be constructing your new weblog.
8. Remove the wp-config report if the specialized WordPress installer far furnishes it.
9. Install the blog now through walking the install—hypertext Preprocessor report.
10. WordPress will now activate you to create a configuration document.
11. Continue the installation manner just like you will with a new WordPress setup. With this technique, I created another blog within 15 mins quit-to-stop with all the essential customization. To get admission to each of the blog dashboards, I made a Tab group in my browser. I use Internet Explorer eight.0 appreciably. However, the same technique must be paintings for Firefox.
I will open the dashboard for each of the weblogs and keep it into the tab institution. When you access your weblog dashboard, you are induced to go into your user id and password. When you click on the Continue button, IE8 will provide to do not forget your credential. Click Yes to accept it.
Next time I get admission to the dashboard, I will click on the Favorites button (on the pinnacle left of IE8), then the Tab group folder. To open all dashboards simultaneously, click on the “right arrow” after the Tab organization folder name (or use Ctrl+Enter essential mixtures). To open the individual dashboard, click on the person dashboard URL. Since IE8 “remembered” your credential, it will open the dashboard(s) without prompting you again. If you clean your cache in your browser, you can re-input the certificate the next time your open the dashboards.