If you are like me using a shoe-string budget to host all of your blogs, you may get into scenario wherein you want to apply the modern day WordPress model in your new blog and but preserve some of the features that you want from that specialized WordPress installer you used. Also if you have multiple blogs at the identical area it is going to be at the time a war with a purpose to keep in mind the userid/password to each of your blog dashboards.
In this text, I will outline a few recommendations on how I triumph over these conflict.
I used a specialized WordPress installer that I acquired from any other Internet Marketer. It is based totally on WordPress 2.Eight.6 and you in all likelihood recognize by using now that WordPress 2.Nine.1 is already out. Since I used the same specialized WordPress installer on a few of my blogs, I ought to manually replace every one of them to the latest version.
For any new blog that I am growing, I actually have popped out with a manner to simplify the method so that I am constantly the usage of the state-of-the-art WordPress version even as preserving all of the exceptional features like plugins and topics that I frequently used. Here is the system I use.
1. Create a sample blog folder referred to like it something like “sample blog”
2. Upload your specialized WordPress installer zip record (model 2.Eight.6 in my case)into this folder
3. Upload the state-of-the-art WordPress installer zip file (version 2.9.1) into the identical folder
4. Go on your cPanel and use the File Manager to extract the files from the specialized WordPress installer zip report
5. Use the File Manager to extract the documents from the trendy WordPress zip file. Since the folder is not empty now, File Manager will extract the today’s WordPress document into a folder referred to as “WordPress”. Use File Manager to transport the documents and folders into the pattern folder. This will overwrite all of the files from the preceding version with the new version.
6. Edit the PHP files to encompass a number of your non-public statistics like your AdSense ID, Akismet key and so forth.
6. Use the File Manager to duplicate all the documents (except the two installer zip files) inside the sample folder and paste them into a new folder. This is the folder that you’ll be constructing your new weblog.
8. Remove the wp-config report if it’s far furnished by the specialized WordPress installer.
7. Install the blog now through walking the install. Hypertext Preprocessor report.
Eight. WordPress will now activate you to create a configuration document.
Nine. Continue the installation manner just like you will with a new WordPress set up.
With this technique, I changed into capable of creating another blog within 15 mins quit-to-stop with all the essential customization.
To get admission to each of the blog dashboards I created a Tab group in my browser. I use Internet Explorer eight.0 appreciably, however, the same technique must paintings for Firefox.
I will open the dashboard for each of the weblog and the keep it into the tab institution. When you access in your dashboard of each of the weblog, you are induced to go into your user id and password. When you click on on the Continue button, IE8 will provide to do not forget your credential. Click Yes to just accept it.
Next time after I need to get admission to the dashboard, I will simply click at the Favorites button (on the pinnacle left of IE8), then the Tab group folder. To open all of the dashboards at the same time, simply click on at the “right arrow” subsequent to the Tab organization folder name (or opportunity use Ctrl+Enter key mixtures). To open the individual dashboard, just click on at the person dashboard URL. Since IE8 “remembered” your credential it will open the dashboard(s) without prompting you again. If you clean your cache in your browser, you can re-input the credential the next time your open the dashboards.